Sylvania Township is one of the eleven townships in Lucas County, Ohio. As of 2010 the township had a total population of 48,487, making it the second most populous county subdivision in Lucas County, the third most in northwest Ohio and the 8th most populous township in Ohio. The township is governed by a three member Board of Trustees, a Fiscal Officer and a full-time Administrator. There are seven main departments: Administration, Fire, Police, Road, Fiscal, Zoning and Service. The boundaries of Sylvania Township changed in 1867 when the Lucas County Commissioners set apart property within the boundaries of Sylvania Township to establish the Village of Sylvania, which in 1960 became the City of Sylvania.
View important Sylvania area locations below! Enter a starting location in to the search box to get directions.
Stay up to date with Sylvania Township!
View a map of our important landmarks and offices.