LEAF PICKUP WILL BEGIN MONDAY, OCTOBER 16th

SYLVANIA FIRE – EMS DEPARTMENT – FIREHOUSES
Firehouses are the heart of the fire department. They serve as central locations to house firefighters, fire apparatus and equipment between calls for service. Our firehouses serve as training locations for firefighters to improve their skills, and public service locations to check blood pressures and educate children and adults alike on fire safety. Feel free to stop by your local firehouse for a tour or to ask any fire or safety related questions you may have.

Firehouse #1
6633 Monroe St.
Sylvania, Ohio 43560

Located diagonally across Monroe Street from the City of Sylvania Government Center, Firehouse #1 serves the northern and western half of the City and Township of Sylvania. Engine #61 is first due to Flower Hospital, Lourdes University, Northview High School, Maplewood, Highland, and Sylvan Elementary schools as well as St. Joseph School and historic downtown Sylvania. Built in 2013 to replace the original firehouse built in 1930, it is the newest firehouse in Sylvania and is the last to be replaced from the capital improvements promised from the 2008 tax levy. Thank You Sylvania!

 


Firehouse #2
3006 N. McCord Rd.
Sylvania Township, Ohio 43615
The original #2 was built by the volunteer fire fighters in 1950 at 6448 Central Ave. The replacement #2, completed in 2011, covers the southern portion of the Sylvania City and Township community which includes Wildwood Metropark, Wildwood Orthopedic and Spine Hospital, McCord Jr. High School and Stranahan Elementary School, the famous ‘Central Avenue Strip’ of auto dealers and a large number of commercial occupancies on Central Ave. both east and west of McCord Rd.

Firehouse #3
5056 Haddon Rd.
Sylvania Township, Ohio 43623
A new house for Engine 63 was completed in July 2010 at the corner of Haddon & Whiteford, a block north of the original at 5501 Monroe St. which opened in 1979, converted from an old gas station.   “Number 3’s” responds first-due to a mixture of commercial and residential structures in the eastern portion of Sylvania City & Township including Hill View and Whiteford Elementary Schools and Arbor Hills Junior High School as well as Regency Hospital.  They also are responsible for responding to all areas of the expressway (US23 and I-475) that runs through the city and township with Engine Co 61 or 62 depending on the location of the incident.

Firehouse #4
8210 Sylvania Ave.
Sylvania, Ohio 43560
Firehouse #4 opened in 2001 after remodeling from its former use as a commercial vehicle maintenance facility, and following substantial upgrades in 2009, it now also houses the fire administration offices. Its primary response district is the western and central portions of the Sylvania community and includes Timberstone Jr. High School, Southview High School (home of the 2008 Football State Champions), the Sylvania Senior Center, the Tam-O-Shanter Sports Complex (home of the Northview High School 2012 & 2014 State Champion Hockey Teams)  and Mayberry Village shopping and residential complex.

Township Alerts Signup

Stay up to date with Sylvania Township!

 

Important Locations

View a map of our important landmarks and offices.

Scroll Up